This is a ClassBento LiveBox class! From the comfort of your home, share an artisan experience (whilst maintaining physical distancing) with your friends, family or colleagues, or just enjoy with
This is a ClassBento LiveBox class! From the comfort of your home, share an artisan experience (whilst maintaining physical distancing) with your friends, family or colleagues, or just enjoy with some like-minded others. As seen on The Guardian, TimeOut, Broadsheet, Concrete Playground and more. Here’s how it works:
- Book or Request your preferred time
- We’ll deliver a ClassBento Box to you – this is a physical craft box containing the materials you’ll need. Shipping is free, and your Box should arrive within 2-5 business days.
- Enjoy the class online. You’ll receive a link to a Zoom meeting. On the day of the class, use that link to join the class. Class sizes are kept small, so you can easily ask questions and get immediate responses. Zoom is free and easy to use, on any device – smartphone, tablet or laptop. You’re in control of your privacy – you can mute yourself and hide your webcam if and when you prefer.
Do you work with natural fibre yarn or cloth in your craft work? Would you like to add colour to your work in a more natural way?
Join us for this magical live streaming workshop where you will learn how dye fabrics and fibres using a variety of local and everyday seasonal plants, weeds and food scraps.
You will learn how to prepare and mordant your fibres, how to extract colour from plants, modifying, works place set up safety and more. We will then experiment with over-dyeing with Indigo to create even more colours!
Indigo dye kits and dye plant bundles can be purchased separately (at a reduced price) when booking.
The indigo dye kit contains ingredients to create a vat which can be used to over dye your plant dyed fabrics and yarns.
The dye plant bundle contains plant materials which produce colour. Contents will vary depending on what is available. It may contain plants such as flowering plum, turmeric, madder root, marigold etc.
Dye plant bundle ($20)
Indigo dye vat kit ($20)
You can add these when you book (optional).
Perfect for beginners.
– Aluminium sulphate
– Soda ash
– Citric acid
– Soy beans
– Iron powder
– Copper powder
– A selection of cooking pots with lids. Stainless steel, enamel or glass are non reactive. Iron, copper, tin and aluminium pots will react with your dye giving different but interesting colour results.
– Large spoon and tongs
– Measuring jug
– Notebook & pen
– 100% natural fibres (I will be using cotton and silk fabrics and wool yarn)
– Plant materials (A list of suitable plants will be sent out to you before the class)
This is a fun indoor activity, suitable for adults, and kids (minimum 10 years old). An adult must be present whilst the kid(s) engage with the box.
This would also be a great Mother’s Day gift idea.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm